Samsung CLX-8380, A High Performance All in One Printer
Samsung CLX-8380 is a color and all in one printer that has high performance in managing the color documents. The print and copy speeds of this printer are 40 ppm and 40 CPM. Meanwhile, the print, copy, and scan resolutions are 9600 x 600 dpi, 1200 x 1200 dpi, and 600 x 600 dpi. The copier can be used for enlarging and reducing the size of documents within 25 – 400%.
|Samsung CLX-8380 All in One Printer|
The CLX-8380 has compatible with Mac versions as its operating systems are Apple macOS 10.3 up to macOS 10.15 (Catalina). The standard interfaces of this printer are LAN and USB 2.0.
The Key Features
- Print / Copy / Scan / Fax
- Automatic Double Sided Printing
- 572MB RAM
- USB and Network
- Up to 38ppm Colour Print
- Up to 38ppm Mono Print
- 9600 x 600 dpi Print
- PostScript, PCL5, PCL6
- 520 Sheet Input Tray
- 100 Sheet MPT
- 4800 x 4800dpi Scan
- Genuine 4 Colour Samsung 8380A Toner Cartridge Multipack (CLX-K8380A / C8380A / M8380A / Y8380A) with 0.8p per page up to 20,000 pages (black) and 15,000 pages (Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow)
- Genuine Samsung K8380A Black Toner Cartridge (CLX-K8380A / ELS Laser Printer Cartridge) with 0.4p per page up to 20,000 pages
- Genuine Samsung C8380A Cyan Toner Cartridge (CLX-C8380A / ELS Laser Printer Cartridge) with 1.0p per page up to 15,000 pages
- Genuine Samsung M8380A Magenta Toner Cartridge (CLX-M8380A / ELS Laser Printer Cartridge) with 1.0p per page up to 15,000 pages
- Genuine Samsung Y8380A Yellow Toner Cartridge (CLX-Y8380A / ELS Laser Printer Cartridge) with 1.1p per page up to 15,000 pages
Operating System Compatibility
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave (Liberty)
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra (Lobo)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra (Fuji)
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (Gala)
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Syrah)
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Zinfandel)
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Barolo)
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)
- Mac OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Chardonnay)
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)
- Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
- Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
- Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah
- Mac OS X 10 Kodiak (Beta)
- Mac OS 9
Driver without an Installation Disk
This section will show you how to install Samsung CLX-8380 printer driver on a computer running on Mac OS/ macOS properly in the absence of an installation disk.
- First off, make sure the printer is compatible with the version of the Mac OS/ macOS currently running on your device. You can find details about this on your printer’s manual.
- Get on the website of the printer’s manufacturer to discover supports for the model you own.
- Go to the printer section of the manufacturer’s website. If things get overly complicated for you, just type in the model of the Samsung printer you own.
- Locate the link provided on the page for you to download the software required by the Samsung CLX-8380 printer you own.
- Click on the download link to begin downloading process automatically.
- If necessary, determine the location on your computer to save the downloaded software later on. Wait while the download commences.
- Go to the download folder and double-click on the downloaded file.
- Look for the setup file (typically in DMG format) and double-click on the file to run it.
- Further instructions will be given onscreen. Make sure you follow all the given instructions.
- Connect the Samsung CLX-8380 printer to your Apple computer. Use the USB cable to check if your Apple computer recognizes the printer. Alternatively, connect the two via Wi-Fi but make sure both your computer and the printer are connected to the internet properly.
- Your Samsung CLX-8380 printer should be readily accessible by now.
Driver Uninstallation Method
- End all processes of Apple Samsung Printer Drivers by accessing Activity Monitor.
- Go to Launchpad, find Utilities, and open Activity Monitor. Select All Processes off the dropdown menu and select all processes related to Apple Samsung Printer Drivers. Click the Quit Process option and select Quick.
- Use the Trash to delete the application of Apple Samsung Printer Drivers.
- Go to Finder and delete everything associated with Apple Samsung Printer Drivers.
- Remove Apple Samsung Printer Drivers completely by emptying the Trash.
Uninstallation with MacRemover:
- Download the MacRemover app and drag its icon to the app folder to install it.
- Run the app and choose Apple Samsung Printer Drivers. Click Run Analysis.
- Locate the files of folders of Apple Samsung Printer Drivers. Select Complete Uninstall and select Yes.
How to Set up Wireless printing via USB for macOS
- First, connect the USB cable to the USB port on the Samsung CLX-8380 printer, and then connect the other end to the Mac computer.
- After connections are completed, open wireless setup with running Wireless Setting application.
- The installation screen shows the main Samsung Easy Wireless Setup page. Then Click Next, to starting the set up.
- Select the wireless method to setup. For initial setup with Samsung CLX-8380 printer not connected to the network, select 'Using a USB cable option', click Next to continue.
- Temporarily connect the Samsung CLX-8380 printer to your Mac/ Apple computer if you haven't done so already, and then click Next.
- The Installation Wizard searches for any connected devices and retrieves the wireless information.
- A list of wireless networks that the Samsung CLX-8380 printer can see appears. Select your network, then click Next (Wireless Network Security Dialog appears).
- Type the Security Key (WPA/ WPA2/ WEP) in the network password: field and click Next.
- Wait for the printer to connect to the network.
- Wi-Fi Direct information appears. If you would like Wi-Fi Direct turned ON make sure the checkbox is selected, and type down the password. Once selected, click Next to continue.
- A prompt displays stating that connection is complete. Click Next or Finish to continue.
- The setup is complete. Go to the Print and Scan in System Preferences to see your Samsung CLX-8380 printer.
How to Install Printer Driver for macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- Click here to download the latest driver available for Samsung CLX-8380 printer
- Make sure to select the correct Mac OS version (10.11/ 10.12/ 10.13/ 10.14) for Mac O.S 10.15. You can select Mac OS 10.14 or 10.11 or 10.13 or later
- Download the driver of Samsung CLX-8380 printer
- After that, open the folder were located of the download file and Click to open the driver file
- If you get the following error message when running it, the gatekeeper needs to be temporally disabled.
- You need to open terminal from spotlight
- Type the command: sudo spctl --master-disable
- Enter the correct password and run the printer driver with extension".pkg" again.
- Once the print driver has been installed, just open the Samsung CLX-8380 Driver with the following folder path and then install the following PKG drivers (ICDM, ScanThru):
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_ICDM > ICDM.pkg
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_TWAIN > ScanThru.pkg
- After the drivers are installed, you can go to System preferences > Printers & scanners and add the printer clicking on the plus (+) button > Add printer or scanner > Samsung CLX-8380
- Make sure to select the specific driver and not AirPrint where it says "USE"
- Now, that the Samsung CLX-8380 printer has been added, you should be able to print or scan. If you want to scan, go to system preferences > printers and scanners > and select scan
- Enable gatekeeper (Mac security):
- Open terminal from the spotlight
- Typing the command: sudo spctl --master-enable
- Enter your password
Note: Click "View" at the bottom of the table for detail.
You might also like: Samsung CLX-6260ND Driver for Mac
If you want to download Samsung CLX-8380 driver for macOS, you must click on "Download" links that we have provided in the table below. If you find any broken link or some problem with this printer, please contact our team by using the contact form that we have provided.
|CLX-8380 Series Print and Scan Driver for Mac OS X Mavericks / Mac OS X Mountain Lion / Mac OS X Lion / Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard or later||V2.6||Download|
|CLX-8380 Series Scan Driver for macOS 10.12 (Sierra) / macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) / macOS 10.14 (Mojave) / macOS 10.15 (Catalina)||V2.01||Download|
|CLX-8380 Series Print Driver for Mac OS X 10.4 / Mac OS X 10.5 / Mac OS X 10.6 / Mac OS X 10.7 / Mac OS X 10.8 / Mac OS X 10.9 / Mac OS X 10.10||V5.00||Download|
|CLX-8380 Series Scan Driver for Mac OS X 10.4 / Mac OS X 10.5 / Mac OS X 10.6 / Mac OS X 10.7 / Mac OS X 10.8||V2.21||Download|
|CLX-8380 Series Print Driver for Mac OS X 10.5.3 or later||V1.1||Download|
|CLX-8380 Series Manual Print and Scan Driver Mac OS X 10.15 (Catalina)||-||View|