The Samsung MultiXpress SCX 6545N helps to distribute files effectively by scanning straight to email FTP SMB or client. Store checked data into HDD and also manage the saved information. Publish and also send your checked data stored on the typical 80GB disk drive at any moment.
Samsung's MultiXpress offers high-speed printing and also copying with adjustable control to raise performance and also preserve cost-effective running prices. Powerful applications offer services with customizable services by the Samsung SCX 6545N printer.
Samsung SCX 6545N Key Features
- Print, Scan, and Copy
- USB & Network
- Up to 45ppm Mono Print
- PCL5, PCL6, Postscript Level 3, TIFF, JPG, PDF v1.4
- 1200 x 1200 dpi Print
- 520 Sheet Input Tray
- 100 Sheet MPT
- 500Mhz Processor
- 256MB (512MB) RAM
- 4800 x 4800dpi Scan
- 80GB HDD
Samsung SCX 6545N Toner Cartridge
- Genuine Samsung SCX-D6555A Black Toner Cartridge (25,000 pages)
- Genuine Samsung SCX-R6555A Imaging Unit (80,000 pages)
Operating System Compatibility for Samsung SCX 6545NmacOS 10.15 Catalina/ macOS 10.14 Mojave (Liberty)/ macOS 10.13 High Sierra (Lobo)/ macOS 10.12 Sierra (Fuji)/ Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (Gala)/ Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Syrah)/ Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)/ Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Zinfandel)/ Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Barolo)/ Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard/ Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)/ Mac OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Chardonnay)/ Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)/ Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)/ Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar/ Mac OS X 10.1 Puma/ Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah/ Mac OS X 10 Kodiak (Beta)/ Mac OS 9
How to Install Samsung SCX 6545N Driver without an Installation DiskThis section will show you how to install Samsung SCX 6545N printer driver on a computer running on Mac OS/ macOS properly in the absence of an installation disk.
- First off, make sure the printer is compatible with the version of the Mac OS/ macOS currently running on your device. You can find details about this on your printer’s manual.
- Get on the website of the printer’s manufacturer to discover supports for the model you own.
- Go to the printer section of the manufacturer’s website. If things get overly complicated for you, just type in the model of the Samsung printer you own.
- Locate the link provided on the page for you to download the software required by the Samsung SCX 6545N printer you own.
- Click on the download link to begin downloading process automatically.
- If necessary, determine the location on your computer to save the downloaded software later on. Wait while the download commences.
- Go to the download folder and double-click on the downloaded file.
- Look for the setup file (typically in DMG format) and double-click on the file to run it.
- Further instructions will be given onscreen. Make sure you follow all the given instructions.
- Connect the Samsung SCX 6545N printer to your Apple computer. Use the USB cable to check if your Apple computer recognizes the printer. Alternatively, connect the two via Wi-Fi but make sure both your computer and the printer are connected to the internet properly.
- Your Samsung SCX 6545N printer should be readily accessible by now.
Samsung SCX 6545N Printer Driver Uninstallation Method
- End all processes of Apple Samsung Printer Drivers by accessing Activity Monitor.
- Go to Launchpad, find Utilities, and open Activity Monitor. Select All Processes off the dropdown menu and select all processes related to Apple Samsung Printer Drivers. Click the Quit Process option and select Quick.
- Use the Trash to delete the application of Apple Samsung Printer Drivers.
- Go to Finder and delete everything associated with Apple Samsung Printer Drivers.
- Remove Apple Samsung Printer Drivers completely by emptying the Trash.
Uninstallation with MacRemover:
- Download the MacRemover app and drag its icon to the app folder to install it.
- Run the app and choose Apple Samsung Printer Drivers. Click Run Analysis.
- Locate the files of folders of Apple Samsung Printer Drivers.
- Select Complete Uninstall and select Yes.
Samsung SCX 6545N Wifi Setup via USB for Mac
- First, connect the USB cable to the USB port on the Samsung SCX 6545N printer, and then connect the other end to the Mac computer.
- After connections are completed, open wireless setup with running Wireless Setting application.
- The installation screen shows the main Samsung Easy Wireless Setup page. Then Click Next, to starting the set up.
- Select the wireless method to setup. For initial setup with Samsung SCX 6545N printer not connected to the network, select 'Using a USB cable option', click Next to continue.
- Temporarily connect the Samsung SCX 6545N printer to your Mac/ Apple computer if you haven't done so already, and then click Next.
- The Installation Wizard searches for any connected devices and retrieves the wireless information.
- A list of wireless networks that the Samsung SCX 6545N printer can see appears. Select your network, then click Next (Wireless Network Security Dialog appears).
- Type the Security Key (WPA/ WPA2/ WEP) in the network password: field and click Next.
- Wait for the printer to connect to the network.
- Wi-Fi Direct information appears. If you would like Wi-Fi Direct turned ON make sure the checkbox is selected, and type down the password. Once selected, click Next to continue.
- A prompt displays stating that connection is complete. Click Next or Finish to continue.
- The setup is complete. Go to the Print and Scan in System Preferences to see your Samsung SCX 6545N printer.
How to Install Samsung SCX 6545N Driver for macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- Click here to download the latest driver available for Samsung SCX 6545N printer
- Make sure to select the correct Mac OS version (10.11/ 10.12/ 10.13/ 10.14) for Mac O.S 10.15. You can select Mac OS 10.14 or 10.11 or 10.13 or later
- Download the driver of Samsung SCX 6545N printer
- After that, open the folder were located of the download file and Click to open the driver file
- If you get the following error message when running it, the gatekeeper needs to be temporally disabled.
- You need to open terminal from spotlight
- Type the command: sudo spctl --master-disable
- Enter the correct password and run the printer driver with extension".pkg" again.
- Once the print driver has been installed, just open the Samsung SCX 6545N Driver with the following
folder path and then install the following PKG drivers (ICDM, ScanThru):
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_ICDM > ICDM.pkg
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_TWAIN > ScanThru.pkg
- After the drivers are installed, you can go to System preferences > Printers & scanners and add the printer clicking on the plus (+) button > Add printer or scanner > Samsung SCX 6545N
- Make sure to select the specific driver and not AirPrint where it says "USE"
- Now, that the Samsung SCX 6545N printer has been added, you should be able to print or scan. If you want to scan, go to system preferences > printers and scanners > and select scan
- Enable gatekeeper (Mac security):
- Open terminal from the spotlight
- Typing the command: sudo spctl --master-enable
- Enter your password
Another driver: Samsung SCX-6545N Driver Windows
If you want to download Samsung SCX 6545N driver for Mac OS, you must click on the "Download" links that we have provided in the table below. If you find any broken link or some problem with this printer, please contact our team by using the contact form that we have provided.
|SCX 6545N Series Print Driver for Mac OS X 10.4 / Mac OS X 10.5 / Mac OS X 10.6 / Mac OS X 10.7 / Mac OS X 10.8 / Mac OS X 10.9 / Mac OS X 10.10||V5.00||Download|
|SCX 6545N Series Print and Scan Driver for Mac OS X Mavericks / Mac OS X Mountain Lion / Mac OS X Lion / Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard or later||V2.6||Download|
|SCX 6545N Series Print Driver for Mac OS X 10.5.3 or later||V1.1||Download|
|SCX 6545N Series Manual Print and Scan Driver Mac OS X 10.15 (Catalina)||-||View|