The Samsung SCX-8040ND emerges as a reliable and robust solution for businesses seeking an all-encompassing office tool. Its amalgamation of functionalities, top-tier print quality, and operational speed make it a valuable asset for boosting office productivity.
As described on Samsung's official website, the SCX-8040ND is a laser multifunction printer powered by 800 MHz processor frequency with 1 GB (512 MB) RAM and 250 GB storage memory. This means it ability to print with a maximum printing resolution of 9,600 x 600 dpi. The print speed of this Samsung Printer is up to 40 ppm, and it offers less than 8 seconds for time to the first page.
Its diverse paper handling options, including multiple trays and duplex printing, cater to a variety of paper types and sizes, accommodating different office needs. Supporting a range of connectivity choices such as Ethernet, USB, and often wireless connectivity, this Samsung Multifunction Printer provides flexibility to adapt to diverse office setups.
You might need: Samsung SCX-8040ND Driver Download for Windows
- Print/ Scan/ Copy/ Fax
- WSVGA 8.9-inch Colour Touch-Panel LCD
- USB and Ethernet (Wireless optional)
- 512 MB (1 GB) RAM
- 250 GB HDD
- 800 MHz processor frequency
- 9,600 x 600 dpi Print
- 600 x 600 dpi Copy
- 4,800 x 4,800 dpi Scan
- Up to 40 ppm Mono Print
- Up to 40 cpm Copy
- Time to the first page less than 8 seconds
- Time to first copy less than 5.5 seconds
- Modem speed 33.6 Kbit/s
- 520 Sheet Input Tray
- Duplex ADF and Automatic Double-Sided Printing
- PCL5e/ PCL6/ Postscript3/ PDF 1.7+/ XPS
- 2 x 100 Sheet MPT
- Totally adaptable and easily customizable
- More time getting work done
- User-friendly features every step of the way
- Very simple about maintenance
- Accomplish more in fewer steps
- Easy-to-manage and built-in security
- Samsung CLT-R607K Black Original Drum Unit with 0.22p per page up to 75,000/ 100,000 pages
- Samsung CLT-W606 Original Waste Toner with 0.06p per page up to 75,000/ 100,000 pages
- Samsung MLT-K606S Black Original Toner Cartridge with 0.24p per page up to 35,000 pages
- Samsung MLT-K607S Black Toner Cartridge up to 20,000 pages
Operating System Compatibility
- macOS 14 Sonoma
- macOS 13 Ventura
- macOS 12 Monterey
- macOS 11 Big Sur
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave (Liberty)
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra (Lobo)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra (Fuji)
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (Gala)
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Syrah)
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Zinfandel)
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Barolo)
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)
- Mac OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Chardonnay)
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)
- Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
- Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
- Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah
- Mac OS X 10 Kodiak (Beta)
- Mac OS 9
Also, need: Samsung SCX-8030ND Driver Download for Mac
How to Install Samsung SCX-8040ND driver for Mac?
- Scroll down to download the Samsung SCX-8040ND driver in the table.
- Run and install the driver.
- Go to "System Preferences", click "Printers and Scanners", and click "+" to add Printer.
- Please test print and go to the following menu to enter your username and password. The username should be your company name followed by – and your first name i.e. "company-jack". If you don’t know, please see your Hub Manager.
- Save the settings, you don’t have to enter username and password next time.
- Please go to the Samsung SCX-8040ND printer and tap with your access card.
How to Install Samsung SCX-8040ND Driver for Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later?
These steps workaround macOS 10.12 Sierra, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, and macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- Download the ".dmg" file in the table below (Samsung Printer Drivers V2.6)
- Download the 3rd-party macOS app (V4.0.5) in the table below
- Open the .dmg such that it mounts in Finder
- Open 3rd-party app
- Select Open Package
- Locate the file inside the mounted ".dmg"
- Select Install in the top toolbar of 3rd-party app, and provide your admin credentials when prompted
- Add your printer from System Preferences > Print and Scan > + successfully!
How to Install Samsung SCX-8040ND Driver for macOS 10.15 (Catalina)?
- Download the SCX-8040ND driver available for the Samsung SCX-8040ND printer in the table below.
- After that, open the folder where located of the printer driver download file is, then Click to open the driver.
- If you get the following error message when running it, the gatekeeper needs to be temporarily disabled.
- You need to open the terminal from the spotlight
- Type the command: sudo spctl --master-disable
- Enter the correct password and run the Samsung printer driver with the extension".pkg" again.
- Once the print driver has been installed, just open the Samsung SCX-8040ND Driver with the following folder path and then install the following PKG drivers (ICDM, ScanThru):
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_ICDM > ICDM.pkg
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_TWAIN > ScanThru.pkg
- After the driver has been installed, you can go to System preferences > Printers & scanners and add the printer by clicking on the plus (+) button > Add printer or scanner > Samsung SCX-8040ND
- Make sure to select the specific printer driver and not AirPrint where it says "USE"
- Now, that the Samsung SCX-8040ND printer has been added, you should be able to print or scan. If you want to scan, go to system preferences > printers and scanners > and select scan
- Enable gatekeeper (Mac security):
- Open terminal from the spotlight
- Typing the command: sudo spctl --master-enable
- Enter your password
How to Install Samsung SCX-8040ND Driver for macOS 11 (Big Sur)?
Follow this instruction after the step above has finished.
- Workaround for Samsung SCX-8040ND working with macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
- Install the Samsung printer with your Apple Computer (iMac, Macbook).
- Then update the Samsung printer driver to macOS 11 (Big Sur).
- After that, the Samsung printer still works correctly on macOS 11 (Big Sur).
How to Install Samsung SCX-8040ND Driver for macOS 12 (Monterey)?
We recommend you follow these steps after the instructions above have been done.
- Make sure your SCX-8040ND printer still working on macOS 11 (Big Sur).
- Please update the Samsung printer driver on macOS 12 (Monterey).
- It still works correctly on macOS 12 (Monterey) after the driver has been updated.
How to Install Samsung SCX-8040ND Driver for macOS 13 (Ventura)?
Please follow the instructions above "How do I Install Samsung SCX-8040ND Driver for macOS 12 (Monterey)?" before following the steps below.
- Samsung SCX-8040ND driver still running on macOS 12 (Monterey).
- Connect the printer to macOS 13 (Ventura).
- After that, just update the Samsung printer driver to the macOS 12 (Monterey).
- The Samsung SCX-8040ND printer driver is installed and works correctly for macOS 12 (Monterey).
How to Install Samsung SCX-8040ND Driver for macOS 14 (Sonoma)?
Follow these steps on your macOS 14 (Sonoma). Don't miss the instructions above before this.
- Samsung SCX-8040ND driver workaround on macOS 13 (Ventura).
- Just plug in a USB cable to connect the SCX-8040ND printer with your macOS 14 (Sonoma).
- Please update the Samsung printer driver.
- Kept the Samsung printer driver installed and still works in macOS 14 (Sonoma).
You might like: Samsung SCX-8128NA Driver Download for Mac
How to Setup Samsung SCX-8040ND Network via USB for Mac?
- First, connect the USB cable to the USB port on the Samsung SCX-8040ND printer, and then connect the other end to the Mac computer.
- After connections are completed, open the wireless setup by running the Wireless Setting application.
- The installation screen shows the main Samsung Easy Wireless Setup page. Then Click Next, to start the setup.
- Select the wireless method to set up. For initial setup with Samsung SCX-8040ND printer not connected to the network, select 'Using a USB cable option', and click Next to continue.
- Temporarily connect the Samsung SCX-8040ND printer to your Mac OS computer if you haven't done so already, and then click Next.
- The Installation Wizard searches for any connected devices and retrieves the wireless information.
- A list of wireless networks that the Samsung SCX-8040ND printer can see appears. Select your network, then click Next (Wireless Network Security Dialog appears).
- Type the Security Key (WPA/ WPA2/ WEP) in the network password: field and click Next.
- Wait for the printer to connect to the network.
- Wi-Fi Direct information appears. If you would like Wi-Fi Direct turned ON make sure the checkbox is selected, and type down the password. Once selected, click Next to continue.
- A prompt displays stating that the connection is complete. Click Next or Finish to continue.
- The setup is complete. Go to the Print and Scan in System Preferences to see your Samsung SCX-8040ND printer.
How to Remove Samsung SCX-8040ND Driver for Mac?
- Click the Apple icon at the top left of the screen and select "System Preferences".
- Open "Printers and Scanners".
- Select the printer you want to uninstall and click on the Minus (-) button at the bottom of the list.
- When the confirmation message displays, click "Delete Printer" to uninstall it. The driver has been removed from your Mac OS.
If you want to download the Samsung SCX-8040ND driver for Mac, you must click on the "Download" links that we have provided in the table below. If you find any broken links or some problem with this Samsung printer driver, please contact our team by using the contact form that we have provided.
|SCX-8040ND Series Print Driver for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite/ Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks/ Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion/ Mac OS X 10.7 Lion/ Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard/ Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard/ Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger||V5.00||Download|
|SCX-8040ND Series Scan Driver for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite/ Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks||V2.31.49||Download|
|SCX-8040ND Series Printer Driver for Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks/ Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion/ Mac OS X 10.7 Lion/ Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or later||V2.6||Download|
|SCX-8040ND Series Print and Scan (3rd-party app for macOS)||V4.0.5||Download|
|SCX-8040ND Series Scan Driver for macOS 10.15 (Catalina)||-||View|