In our Computer World Examination Facility evaluations, the ML-2251N kipped down merely sufficient rates but created prints of surprisingly pleasing quality. Text results looked far better than the majority of we've seen lately, even from more expensive workgroup printers: It stayed crisp all the way down to the smallest font sizes, and also italic and cursive typefaces looked clean.
The brevity of the configuration poster's multilingual directions approached obscurity as well as some pictures were vague. The portable Samsung ML-2251N prints near-flawless text, yet network installment is tough, as well as the unit's leisurely printing speed implies you'll get printouts on the Samsung's routine-- not yours.
You might also need: Samsung ML-2251N Driver for Windows
The layout had a couple of problems, as well. The control panel's single switch, marked 'Terminate', can do six functions beyond the noticeable one-- including printing a setup sheet as well as picking hands-on feed-- however without consulting the customer's guide, you'll never ever find out (or bear in mind) the elaborate press/hold combinations needed for each. One more beef: The Samsung ML-2251N printer's front cover and also the multipurpose tray's cover open from the exact same area, as well as it's impossible to tell from the outside which is which.
Samsung ML-2251N Printer Features
- IBM ProPrinter, PCL 6
- Workgroup printer - Laser - Monochrome
- 16 MB/ 144 MB SDRAM Technology
- 166 MHz
- LAN and USB
- Up to 1,200 x 1,200 dpi effective output
- Up to 22 ppm print speed; 16 MB RAM, upgradeable to 144 MB
- 250-sheets paper cassette, 50-sheet bypass
- USB 2.0, parallel, and 10/100 Base TX network interfaces
Samsung ML-2251N Toner: Compatible Samsung ML-2250D5 Black Toner Cartridge (Replaces ML-2250D5/SEE Laser Printer Cartridge) with 0.9p per page up to 5,000 pages
Operating System Compatibility of Samsung ML-2251N
macOS 11.00 Big Sur/ macOS 10.15 Catalina/ macOS 10.14 Mojave (Liberty)/ macOS 10.13 High Sierra (Lobo)/ macOS 10.12 Sierra (Fuji)/ Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (Gala)/ Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Syrah)/ Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)/ Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Zinfandel)/ Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Barolo)/ Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard/ Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)/ Mac OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Chardonnay)/ Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)/ Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)/ Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar/ Mac OS X 10.1 Puma/ Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah/ Mac OS X 10 Kodiak (Beta)/ Mac OS 9
How to Install Samsung ML-2251N Driver without an Installation Disk
This section will show you how to install Samsung ML-2251N printer driver on a computer running on Mac OS/ macOS properly in the absence of an installation disk.
- First off, make sure the printer is compatible with the version of the Mac OS/ macOS currently running on your device. You can find details about this in your printer’s manual.
- Get on the website of the printer’s manufacturer to discover supports for the model you own.
- Go to the printer section of the manufacturer’s website. If things get overly complicated for you, just type in the model of the Samsung printer you own.
- Locate the link provided on the page for you to download the software required by the Samsung ML-2251N printer you own.
- Click on the download link to begin the downloading process automatically.
- If necessary, determine the location on your computer to save the downloaded software later on. Wait while the download commences.
- Go to the download folder and double-click on the downloaded file.
- Look for the setup file (typically in DMG format) and double-click on the file to run it.
- Further instructions will be given onscreen. Make sure you follow all the given instructions.
- Connect the Samsung ML-2251N printer to your Apple computer. Use the USB cable to check if your Apple computer recognizes the printer. Alternatively, connect the two via Wi-Fi but make sure both your computer and the printer are connected to the internet properly.
- Your Samsung ML-2251N printer should be readily accessible by now.
Samsung ML-2251N Driver Uninstallation Method
- End all processes of Apple Samsung Printer Drivers by accessing Activity Monitor.
- Go to Launchpad, find Utilities, and open Activity Monitor. Select All Processes off the dropdown menu and select all processes related to Apple Samsung Printer Drivers. Click the Quit Process option and select Quick.
- Use the Trash to delete the application of Apple Samsung Printer Drivers.
- Go to Finder and delete everything associated with Apple Samsung Printer Drivers.
- Remove Apple Samsung Printer Drivers completely by emptying the Trash.
Uninstallation with MacRemover:
- Download the MacRemover app and drag its icon to the app folder to install it.
- Run the app and choose Apple Samsung Printer Drivers. Click Run Analysis.
- Locate the files of folders of Apple Samsung Printer Drivers. Select Complete Uninstall and select Yes.
How to Install Printer Driver for macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- Click here to download the latest driver available for Samsung ML-2251N printer
- Make sure to select the correct Mac OS version (10.11/ 10.12/ 10.13/ 10.14) for Mac O.S 10.15. You can select Mac OS 10.14 or 10.11 or 10.13 or later
- Download the driver of Samsung ML-2251N printer
- After that, open the folder were located of the download file and Click to open the driver file
- If you get the following error message when running it, the gatekeeper needs to be temporally disabled.
- You need to open terminal from spotlight
- Type the command: sudo spctl --master-disable
- Enter the correct password and run the printer driver with extension".pkg" again.
- Once the print driver has been installed, just open the Samsung ML-2251N Driver with the following
folder path and then install the following PKG drivers (ICDM, ScanThru):
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_ICDM > ICDM.pkg
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_TWAIN > ScanThru.pkg
- After the drivers are installed, you can go to System preferences > Printers & scanners and add the printer clicking on the plus (+) button > Add printer or scanner > Samsung ML-2251N
- Make sure to select the specific driver and not AirPrint where it says "USE"
- Now, that the Samsung ML-2251N printer has been added, you should be able to print or scan. If you want to scan, go to system preferences > printers and scanners > and select scan
- Enable gatekeeper (Mac security):
- Open terminal from the spotlight
- Typing the command: sudo spctl --master-enable
- Enter your password
How to Install Samsung ML-2251N Driver for macOS Big Sur?
- Install Catalina again
- Install the printer
- Then update to macOS 11 Big Sur.
- Kept the Samsung ML-2251N driver installed and still works in macOS 11 Big Sur.
Note: Click "View" at the bottom of the table for detail.
Another driver: Samsung ML-2168 Driver for Mac
If you want to download the Samsung ML-2251N driver for Mac OS/ macOS, you must click the "Download" links that we have provided in the table below. If you find any broken link or some problem with this printer, please contact our team by using the contact form that we have provided.
|ML-2251N Series Print Driver for Mac OS X 10.4 / Mac OS X 10.5 / Mac OS X 10.6 / Mac OS X 10.7 / Mac OS X 10.8 / Mac OS X 10.9 / Mac OS X 10.10||V5.00||Download|
|ML-2251N Series Print and Scan Driver for Mac OS X Mavericks / Mac OS X Mountain Lion / Mac OS X Lion / Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard or later||V2.6||Download|
|ML-2251N Series Manual Print and Scan Driver Mac OS X 10.15 (Catalina)||-||View|