The Samsung SCX-5637FR is a grayscale, laser multifunction gadget that's developed for local business customers. It can be used to print, check, copy as well as send out and receive faxes, and also it can be connected by means of USB or Gigabit Ethernet. It has a simple layout with a primitive 4-line LCD menu screen, yet it additionally consists of Internet functions that permit more convenient surveillance as well as administration. It likewise has onboard storage that enables regularly-used records to be stored directly on the printer for quick access.
With a 250-sheet cassette (which was a little fiddly to work with), a 50-page multi-purpose tray and a monthly task cycle up to 80,000 web pages, the SCX-5637FR is more than capable of satisfying the demands of a small company that requires to publish invoices or any kind of other crucial papers sometimes per day. It has a powerful engine that pressed out web pages at a price of 26 per min in our examinations (with a consistent first web page out time of 15sec), yet this printer is not simply developed for rate: it also has a concentrate on ecological friendliness.
As far as laser multifunction tools are worried, the SCX-5637FR is not significant; it will just occupy around 47x47cm on a table. You'll require to leave some room at the back for the power and data cords and also for the scanner lid to be able to open easily. Printed sheets appear with the top of the system and also rest deal with down listed below the control board in a gap that can be holding up to 150-pages. Pages do suffer from minor curling after they emerge from the printer, yet it's not even worse than what we have actually seen from other laser printers. The sole consumable for this printer is the toner cartridge, which requires to be set up via the front of the system; there are no other consumables listed for this printer. (See completion of the evaluation for prices and also yields).
Also related: Samsung SCX-5637FR Driver for Windows
The printer goes into standby setting after one min of still time. It consumes 6.7 W of electricity in this mode, which is a saving of around 4W compared to when the printer is resting still (10.4 W). The power intake came to a head at 1050W while the printer heated up and got ready to carry out a print work. An Eco switch on the printer's control board allows you to save printer toner and also paper; it lowers the intensity of the toner to a 'draft' setting and it uses the integrated duplexer to prints on both sides of the web page. Additionally, it prints two pages per side, so a 12-page document, for example, can be published on 3 web pages.
Eco-mode can also be implemented via the printer chauffeur and it lets you understand how much your carbon footprint will certainly reduce by if you utilize it. It's wonderful for printing any papers that do not need to look 'specialist'. They will certainly print out in a draft mode that looks lighter than what the printer can usually do, yet it's still legible. In a typical setting, the printer's quality is acceptable. Text as well as graphs look crisp as well as have great contrast.
- Printing Type: Black and White
- Printing Technology: Laser
- Print Resolution: 1200x1200 DPI
- Print Speed Black: 35 PPM
- Paper Size: A4
- Scanning Method: CIS
- Network: Ethernet, USB 2.0
- Compatible High Capacity Black Samsung 205 Toner Cartridge (Replaces MLT-D205L/ELS Laser Printer Cartridge) with 0.8p per page up to 5,000 pages
- Compatible Extra High Capacity Black Samsung 205 Toner Cartridge (Replaces MLT-D205E/ELS Laser Printer Cartridge) with 0.6p per page up to 10,000 pages
- Compatible Black Samsung 205S Toner Cartridge (MLT-D205S/ELS Laser Printer Cartridge) with 1.2p per page up to 2,000 pages
- Genuine Extra High Capacity Black Samsung 205 Toner Cartridge (MLT-D205E/ELS Laser Toner Cartridge) with 1.3p per page up to 10,000 pages
- Genuine Samsung
- Genuine High Capacity Black Samsung 205 Toner Cartridge (MLT-D205L/ELS Laser Printer Cartridge) with 1.7p per page up to 5,000 pages
- Genuine Black Samsung 205S Toner Cartridge (MLT-D205S/ELS Laser Printer Cartridge) with 2.6p per page up to 2,000 pages
Operating System Compatibility
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave (Liberty)
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra (Lobo)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra (Fuji)
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (Gala)
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Syrah)
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Zinfandel)
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Barolo)
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)
- Mac OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Chardonnay)
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)
- Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
- Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
- Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah
- Mac OS X 10 Kodiak (Beta)
- Mac OS 9
You might also like: Samsung SCX-4833FR Printer Driver for Mac
How to Install Samsung SCX-5637FR Driver without an Installation Disk
This section will show you how to install Samsung SCX-5637FR printer driver on a computer running on Mac OS/ macOS properly in the absence of an installation disk.
- First off, make sure the printer is compatible with the version of the Mac OS/ macOS currently running on your device. You can find details about this on your printer’s manual.
- Get on the website of the printer’s manufacturer to discover supports for the model you own.
- Go to the printer section of the manufacturer’s website. If things get overly complicated for you, just type in the model of the Samsung printer you own.
- Locate the link provided on the page for you to download the software required by the Samsung SCX-5637FR printer you own.
- Click on the download link to begin downloading process automatically.
- If necessary, determine the location on your computer to save the downloaded software later on. Wait while the download commences.
- Go to the download folder and double-click on the downloaded file.
- Look for the setup file (typically in DMG format) and double-click on the file to run it.
- Further instructions will be given onscreen. Make sure you follow all the given instructions.
- Connect the Samsung SCX-5637FR printer to your Apple computer. Use the USB cable to check if your Apple computer recognizes the printer. Alternatively, connect the two via Wi-Fi but make sure both your computer and the printer are connected to the internet properly.
- Your Samsung SCX-5637FR printer should be readily accessible by now.
Samsung SCX-5637FR Printer Driver Uninstallation Method
- End all processes of Apple Samsung Printer Drivers by accessing Activity Monitor.
- Go to Launchpad, find Utilities, and open Activity Monitor. Select All Processes off the dropdown menu and select all processes related to Apple Samsung Printer Drivers. Click the Quit Process option and select Quick.
- Use the Trash to delete the application of Apple Samsung Printer Drivers.
- Go to Finder and delete everything associated with Apple Samsung Printer Drivers.
- Remove Apple Samsung Printer Drivers completely by emptying the Trash.
Uninstallation with MacRemover:
- Download the MacRemover app and drag its icon to the app folder to install it.
- Run the app and choose Apple Samsung Printer Drivers. Click Run Analysis.
- Locate the files of folders of Apple Samsung Printer Drivers. Select Complete Uninstall and select Yes.
How to Set up Wireless printing via USB for macOS
- First, connect the USB cable to the USB port on the Samsung SCX-5637FR printer, and then connect the other end to the Mac computer.
- After connections are completed, open wireless setup with running Wireless Setting application.
- The installation screen shows the main Samsung Easy Wireless Setup page. Then Click Next, to starting the set up.
- Select the wireless method to setup. For initial setup with Samsung SCX-5637FR printer not connected to the network, select 'Using a USB cable option', click Next to continue.
- Temporarily connect the Samsung SCX-5637FR printer to your Mac/ Apple computer if you haven't done so already, and then click Next.
- The Installation Wizard searches for any connected devices and retrieves the wireless information.
- A list of wireless networks that the Samsung SCX-5637FR printer can see appears. Select your network, then click Next (Wireless Network Security Dialog appears).
- Type the Security Key (WPA/ WPA2/ WEP) in the network password: field and click Next.
- Wait for the printer to connect to the network.
- Wi-Fi Direct information appears. If you would like Wi-Fi Direct turned ON make sure the checkbox is selected, and type down the password. Once selected, click Next to continue.
- A prompt displays stating that connection is complete. Click Next or Finish to continue.
- The setup is complete. Go to the Print and Scan in System Preferences to see your Samsung SCX-5637FR printer.
See also: Samsung SCX-5635FN Driver for Mac
How to Install Printer Driver for macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- Click here to download the latest driver available for Samsung SCX-5637FR printer
- Make sure to select the correct Mac OS version (10.11/ 10.12/ 10.13/ 10.14) for Mac O.S 10.15. You can select Mac OS 10.14 or 10.11 or 10.13 or later
- Download the driver of Samsung SCX-5637FR printer
- After that, open the folder were located of the download file and Click to open the driver file
- If you get the following error message when running it, the gatekeeper needs to be temporally disabled.
- You need to open terminal from spotlight
- Type the command: sudo spctl --master-disable
- Enter the correct password and run the printer driver with extension".pkg" again.
- Once the print driver has been installed, just open the Samsung SCX-5637FR Driver with the following
folder path and then install the following PKG drivers (ICDM, ScanThru):
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_ICDM > ICDM.pkg
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_TWAIN > ScanThru.pkg
- After the drivers are installed, you can go to System preferences > Printers & scanners and add the printer clicking on the plus (+) button > Add printer or scanner > Samsung SCX-5637FR
- Make sure to select the specific driver and not AirPrint where it says "USE"
- Now, that the Samsung SCX-5637FR printer has been added, you should be able to print or scan. If you want to scan, go to system preferences > printers and scanners > and select scan
- Enable gatekeeper (Mac security):
- Open terminal from the spotlight
- Typing the command: sudo spctl --master-enable
- Enter your password
If you want to download Samsung SCX-5637FR driver for Mac OS/ macOS, you must click on the "Download" links that we have provided in the table below. If you find any broken link or some problem with this printer, please chat with our experts by using the live chat at the bottom of the screen (circle) that we have provided.
|SCX-5637FR Series Print Driver for Mac OS X 10.4 / Mac OS X 10.5 / Mac OS X 10.6 / Mac OS X 10.7 / Mac OS X 10.8 / Mac OS X 10.9 / Mac OS X 10.10||V5.04||Download|
|SCX-5637FR Series Scan Driver for Mac OS X 10.4 / Mac OS X 10.5 / Mac OS X 10.6 / Mac OS X 10.7 / Mac OS X 10.8 / Mac OS X 10.9 / Mac OS X 10.10||V2.31||Download|
|SCX-5637FR Series Print and Scan Driver for Mac OS X Mavericks / Mac OS X Mountain Lion / Mac OS X Lion / Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard or later||V2.6||Download|
|SCX-5637FR Series Print Driver for Mac OS X 10.5.3 or later||V1.1||Download|
|SCX-5637FR Series Manual Print and Scan Driver Mac OS X 10.15 (Catalina)||-||View|