In the world of modern offices and home workstations, having a reliable multifunctional printer is a necessity. The Samsung CLX-8380ND stands out as a powerful all-in-one printer designed to meet the diverse needs of both larger corporate environments and small businesses. This comprehensive review delves into the performance, features, and overall capabilities of this multifunctional printer device.
As described on Samsung's official website, Samsung CLX-8380ND is a color laser multifunction printer powered by 572 MB RAM (1,088 MB) with 80 GB internal storage memory. The printer is relatively large due to its multifunctional capabilities, but its design is space-efficient and ergonomic.
Sorry, this item is discontinued. Replaced by Samsung CLX-8385ND.
The Samsung CLX-8380ND color laser multifunction printer is a robust and well-designed multifunction printer. It features a sleek, black exterior with a user-friendly interface that includes a large, tiltable 7-inch color touchscreen display. This intuitive control panel makes navigating through various functions, settings, and menu options effortless.
It offers high-quality printing with a maximum resolution of 9,600 x 600 dpi, ensuring sharp and crisp text as well as vibrant, well-defined images. The printer supports various paper sizes and types, making it versatile for different printing needs. The CLX-8380ND printer boasts impressive print speeds, capable of printing up to 38 ppm for both color and monochrome printing. This rapid printing speed is a significant advantage for office environments that require quick and efficient document production.
You might need: Samsung CLX-8380ND Driver Download for Windows
- Print/ Copy/ Scan/ Fax
- 572 MB (1,088 MB) RAM
- Up to 38 ppm colour print
- USB and Ethernet
- PCL 5c/ PCL 5e/ PDF 1.4/ PostScript 3
- 9,600 x 600 dpi print
- 4,800 x 4,800 dpi scan
- 1,200 x 1,200 dpi copy
- 33.6 Kbps fax
- 100 sheet MPT
- 80 GB HDD
- Up to 38 ppm mono print
- Automatic double-sided printing
- 500-sheet input tray
- Open architecture design
- Auto duplex printing saves money by printing on both sides of the paper
- Color scan to network, management, email, and anywhere
- Color expression desktop icon
- Samsung CLX-W8380A Waste toner box (48,000 pages)
- Samsung CLX-K8380A Black toner cartridge (20,000 pages)
- Samsung CLX-C8380A Cyan toner cartridge (15,000 pages)
- Samsung CLX-M8380A Magenta toner cartridge (15,000 pages)
- Samsung CLX-Y8380A Yellow toner cartridge (15,000 pages)
Operating System Compatibility
- macOS 14 Sonoma
- macOS 13 Ventura
- macOS 12 Monterey
- macOS 11 Big Sur
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave (Liberty)
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra (Lobo)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra (Fuji)
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (Gala)
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Syrah)
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Zinfandel)
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Barolo)
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)
- Mac OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Chardonnay)
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)
- Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
- Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
- Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah
- Mac OS X 10 Kodiak (Beta)
- Mac OS 9
Also, need: Samsung CLX-8380 Driver Download for Mac
How do I install Samsung CLX-8380ND driver for Mac?
- Scroll down to download the Samsung CLX-8380ND driver in the table.
- Run and install the driver.
- Go to "System Preferences", click "Printers and Scanners", and click "+" to add Printer.
- Please test print and go to the following menu to enter your username and password. The username should be your company name followed by – and your first name i.e. "company-jack". If you don’t know, please see your Hub Manager.
- Save the settings, you don’t have to enter username and password next time.
- Please go to the Samsung CLX-8380ND printer and tap with your access card.
How do I Install Samsung CLX-8380ND Driver for Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later?
These steps workaround macOS 10.12 Sierra, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, and macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- Download the ".dmg" file in the table below (Samsung Printer Drivers V2.6)
- Download the 3rd-party macOS app (V4.0.5) in the table below
- Open the .dmg such that it mounts in Finder
- Open 3rd-party app
- Select Open Package
- Locate the file inside the mounted ".dmg"
- Select Install in the top toolbar of 3rd-party app, and provide your admin credentials when prompted
- Add your printer from System Preferences > Print and Scan > + successfully!
How do I Install Samsung CLX-8380ND Driver for macOS 10.15 (Catalina)?
- Download the CLX-8380ND driver available for the Samsung CLX-8380ND printer in the table below.
- After that, open the folder where located of the printer driver download file is, then Click to open the driver.
- If you get the following error message when running it, the gatekeeper needs to be temporarily disabled.
- You need to open the terminal from the spotlight
- Type the command: sudo spctl --master-disable
- Enter the correct password and run the Samsung printer driver with the extension".pkg" again.
- Once the print driver has been installed, just open the Samsung CLX-8380ND Driver with the following folder path and then install the following PKG drivers (ICDM, ScanThru):
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_ICDM > ICDM.pkg
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_TWAIN > ScanThru.pkg
- After the driver has been installed, you can go to System preferences > Printers & scanners and add the printer by clicking on the plus (+) button > Add printer or scanner > Samsung CLX-8380ND
- Make sure to select the specific printer driver and not AirPrint where it says "USE"
- Now, that the Samsung CLX-8380ND printer has been added, you should be able to print or scan. If you want to scan, go to system preferences > printers and scanners > and select scan
- Enable gatekeeper (Mac security):
- Open terminal from the spotlight
- Typing the command: sudo spctl --master-enable
- Enter your password
How do I Install Samsung CLX-8380ND Driver for macOS 11 (Big Sur)?
Follow this instruction after the step above has finished.
- Workaround for Samsung CLX-8380ND working with macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
- Install the Samsung printer with your Apple Computer (iMac, Macbook).
- Then update the Samsung printer driver to macOS 11 (Big Sur).
- After that, the Samsung printer still works correctly on macOS 11 (Big Sur).
How do I Install Samsung CLX-8380ND Driver for macOS 12 (Monterey)?
We recommend you follow these steps after the instructions above have been done.
- Make sure your CLX-8380ND printer still working on macOS 11 (Big Sur).
- Please update the Samsung printer driver on macOS 12 (Monterey).
- It still works correctly on macOS 12 (Monterey) after the driver has been updated.
How do I Install Samsung CLX-8380ND Driver for macOS 13 (Ventura)?
Please follow the instructions above "How do I Install Samsung CLX-8380ND Driver for macOS 12 (Monterey)?" before following the steps below.
- Samsung CLX-8380ND driver still running on macOS 12 (Monterey).
- Connect the printer to macOS 13 (Ventura).
- After that, just update the Samsung printer driver to the macOS 12 (Monterey).
- The Samsung CLX-8380ND printer driver is installed and works correctly for macOS 12 (Monterey).
How do I Install Samsung CLX-8380ND Driver for macOS 14 (Sonoma)?
Follow these steps on your macOS 14 (Sonoma). Don't miss the instructions above before this.
- Samsung CLX-8380ND driver workaround on macOS 13 (Ventura).
- Just plug in a USB cable to connect the CLX-8380ND printer with your macOS 14 (Sonoma).
- Please update the Samsung printer driver.
- Kept the Samsung printer driver installed and still works in macOS 14 (Sonoma).
How do I Setup Samsung CLX-8380ND Network via USB for Mac?
- First, connect the USB cable to the USB port on the Samsung CLX-8380ND printer, and then connect the other end to the Mac computer.
- After connections are completed, open the wireless setup by running the Wireless Setting application.
- The installation screen shows the main Samsung Easy Wireless Setup page. Then Click Next, to start the setup.
- Select the wireless method to set up. For initial setup with Samsung CLX-8380ND printer not connected to the network, select 'Using a USB cable option', and click Next to continue.
- Temporarily connect the Samsung CLX-8380ND printer to your Mac OS computer if you haven't done so already, and then click Next.
- The Installation Wizard searches for any connected devices and retrieves the wireless information.
- A list of wireless networks that the Samsung CLX-8380ND printer can see appears. Select your network, then click Next (Wireless Network Security Dialog appears).
- Type the Security Key (WPA/ WPA2/ WEP) in the network password: field and click Next.
- Wait for the printer to connect to the network.
- Wi-Fi Direct information appears. If you would like Wi-Fi Direct turned ON make sure the checkbox is selected, and type down the password. Once selected, click Next to continue.
- A prompt displays stating that the connection is complete. Click Next or Finish to continue.
- The setup is complete. Go to the Print and Scan in System Preferences to see your Samsung CLX-8380ND printer.
You might like: Samsung SCX-8030ND Driver Download for Mac
How do I Uninstall Samsung CLX-8380ND driver for Mac?
- Click the Apple icon at the top left of the screen and select "System Preferences".
- Open "Printers and Scanners".
- Select the printer you want to uninstall and click on the Minus (-) button at the bottom of the list.
- When the confirmation message displays, click "Delete Printer" to uninstall it. The driver has been removed from your Mac OS.
If you want to download the Samsung CLX-8380ND driver for Mac, you must click on the "Download" links that we have provided in the table below. If you find any broken links or some problem with this printer, please contact our team by using the contact form that we have provided.
|CLX-8380ND Series Print Driver for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite/ Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks/ Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion/ Mac OS X 10.7 Lion/ Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard/ Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard/ Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger||V5.00||Download|
|CLX-8380ND Series Scan Driver for Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion/ Mac OS X 10.7 Lion/ Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard/ Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard/ Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger||V2.21.65||Download|
|CLX-8380ND Series Printer Driver for Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks/ Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion/ Mac OS X 10.7 Lion/ Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or later||V2.6||Download|
|CLX-8380ND Series Print and Scan (3rd-party app for macOS)||V4.0.5||Download|
|CLX-8380ND Series Scan Driver for macOS 10.15 (Catalina)||-||View|