Samsung SCX-4500W With Laser Beam Printing Method
Samsung SCX-4500W is available in the market and this is a multifunction printer that can do print, scan, and copying. Inside, this printer is supported by laser monochrome printing technology and it is great for its scanner with ADF that helps us scan documents easily.
In printing, this Samsung SCX-4500W printer has its capability to print with printing resolution at 600 x 600 dpi and it has printing speed maximum at 17 pages per minute. In copying, this can copy for a maximum of 99 copies once and it has 15 seconds for its FCOT. This is using USB 2.0 for its interface and it is compatible with Windows and Mac OS.
Also, update: Samsung SCX-4500W Driver Download for Windows
- Print / Scan / Copy
- Up to 16ppm Mono Print
- USB, Wireless
- 600 x 600 dpi Print
- Samsung Printer Language (SPL)
- 100 Sheet Input Tray
- 8MB RAM
- 4800 x 4800dpi Scan
- 600 x 600 dpi Copy
Samsung SCX-4500W Toner Cartridges
- Compatible with Samsung ML-D1630A Black Toner Cartridge (Replaces ML-D1630A/ELS Laser Printer Cartridge) 1.2p per page - 2,000 pages
- Compatible with Toner for Samsung ML-1630/SCX-4500 (2,000 pages)
- Compatible with Samsung ML-D1630A (SU638A) Black Toner Cartridge (Original) - 2,000 pages
Operating System Compatibility
- macOS 13 Ventura
- macOS 12 Monterey
- macOS 11 Big Sur
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave (Liberty)
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra (Lobo)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra (Fuji)
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (Gala)
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Syrah)
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Zinfandel)
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Barolo)
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)
- Mac OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Chardonnay)
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)
- Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
- Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
- Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah
- Mac OS X 10 Kodiak (Beta)
- Mac OS 9
How to Install Driver without an Installation Disk
This section will show you how to install Samsung SCX-4500W printer driver on a computer running on Mac OS properly in the absence of an installation disk.
- First off, make sure the printer is compatible with the version of the Mac OS currently running on your device. You can find details about this on your printer’s manual.
- Get on the website of the printer’s manufacturer to discover supports for the model you own.
- Go to the printer section of the manufacturer’s website. If things get overly complicated for you, just type in the model of the printer you own.
- Locate the link provided on the page for you to download the software required by the Samsung SCX-4500W printer you own.
- Click on the download link to begin downloading process automatically.
- If necessary, determine the location on your computer to save the downloaded software later on. Wait while the download commences.
- Go to the download folder and double-click on the downloaded file.
- Look for the setup file (typically in DMG format) and double-click on the file to run it.
- Further instructions will be given onscreen. Make sure you follow all the given instructions.
- Connect the printer to your computer. Use the USB cable to check if your computer recognizes the printer. Alternatively, connect the two via Wi-Fi but make sure both your computer and the printer are connected to the internet properly.
- Your Samsung SCX-4500W printer should be readily accessible by now.
- End all processes of Apple Samsung SCX-4500W Printer Drivers by accessing Activity Monitor.
- Go to Launchpad, find Utilities, and open Activity Monitor. Select All Processes off the dropdown menu and select all processes related to Apple Samsung SCX-4500W Printer Drivers. Click the Quit Process option and select Quick.
- Use the Trash to delete the application of Apple Samsung SCX-4500W Printer Drivers.
- Go to Finder and delete everything associated with Apple Samsung Printer Drivers.
- Remove Apple Samsung SCX-4500W Printer Drivers completely by emptying the Trash.
Uninstallation with MacRemover:
- Download the MacRemover app and drag its icon to the app folder to install it.
- Run the app and choose Apple Samsung Printer Drivers. Click Run Analysis.
- Locate the files of folders of Apple Samsung SCX-4500W Printer Drivers. Select Complete Uninstall and select Yes.
How to Set up Samsung SCX-4500W Wireless printing via USB
- First, connect the USB cable to the USB port on the Samsung SCX-4500W printer, and then connect the other end to the Mac computer.
- After connections are completed, open wireless setup with running Wireless Setting application.
- The installation screen shows the main Samsung SCX-4500W Easy Wireless Setup page. Then Click Next, to starting the setup.
- Select the wireless method to setup. For initial setup with a printer not connected to the network, select 'Using a USB cable option', click Next to continue.
- Temporarily connect the Samsung printer to your Mac computer if you haven't done so already, and then click Next.
- The Installation Wizard searches for any connected devices and retrieves the wireless information.
- A list of wireless networks that the printer can see appears. Select your network, then click Next (Wireless Network Security Dialog appears).
- Type the Security Key (WPA/ WPA2/ WEP) in the network password: field and click Next.
- Wait for the printer to connect to the network.
- Wi-Fi Direct information appears. If you would like Wi-Fi Direct turned ON to make sure the checkbox is selected, and type down the password. Once selected, click Next to continue.
- A prompt displays stating that connection is complete. Click Next or Finish to continue.
- The setup is complete. Go to the Print and Scan in System Preferences to see your printer.
How to Install Printer Driver for macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- Click here to download the latest driver available for Samsung SCX-4500W printer
- Make sure to select the correct Mac OS version (10.11/ 10.12/ 10.13/ 10.14) for Mac O.S 10.15. You can select Mac OS 10.14 or 10.11 or 10.13 or later
- Download the driver of Samsung SCX-4500W printer
- After that, open the folder were located of the download file and Click to open the driver file
- If you get the following error message when running it, the gatekeeper needs to be temporally disabled.
- You need to open terminal from spotlight
- Type the command: sudo spctl --master-disable
- Enter the correct password and run the printer driver with extension".pkg" again.
- Once the print driver has been installed, just open the Samsung SCX-4500W Driver with the following
folder path and then install the following PKG drivers (ICDM, ScanThru):
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_ICDM > ICDM.pkg
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_TWAIN > ScanThru.pkg
- After the drivers are installed, you can go to System preferences > Printers & scanners and add the printer clicking on the plus (+) button > Add printer or scanner > Samsung SCX-4500W
- Make sure to select the specific driver and not AirPrint where it says "USE"
- Now, that the Samsung SCX-4500W printer has been added, you should be able to print or scan. If you want to scan, go to system preferences > printers and scanners > and select scan
- Enable gatekeeper (Mac security):
- Open terminal from the spotlight
- Typing the command: sudo spctl --master-enable
- Enter your password
You might also need: Samsung SCX-4828FN Driver Download for Mac
How to Install Samsung SCX-4500W Driver for macOS 11 Big Sur?
- Install macOS 10.15 Catalina again
- Install the printer
- Then update to macOS 11 Big Sur
- Kept the Samsung SCX-4500W driver installed and still works in macOS 11 Big Sur
How to Install Samsung SCX-4500W Driver for macOS 12 Monterey?
- Make sure your Samsung SCX-4500W driver is currently on macOS 11 (Big Sur)
- Connect your printer machine to your Macbook
- Then update the driver to macOS 12 Monterey
- Kept the Samsung SCX-4500W driver installed and still works in macOS 12 Monterey
How to Install Samsung SCX-4500W Driver for macOS 13 Ventura?
Please try the method below after you did the above steps!
- Make sure your Samsung SCX-4500W driver is currently on macOS 12 (Monterey)
- Connect your printer machine to your own Macbook
- Then update the driver to macOS 13 Ventura
- Kept the driver installed, and your own SCX-4500W printer works pretty good on macOS 13 (Ventura)
Also update: Samsung ML-2241 Driver for Mac
If you want to download Samsung SCX-4500W driver for Mac OS, you must click on "Download" links that we have provided in the table below. If you find any broken link or some problem with this printer, please contact our team by using the contact form that we have provided.
|SCX-4500W Series Print Driver for Mac OS X 10.3 / Mac OS X 10.4 / Mac OS X 10.5 / Mac OS X 10.6 / Mac OS X 10.7||V3.00||Download|
|SCX-4500W Series Print Driver for Mac OS X 10.4 / Mac OS X 10.5 / Mac OS X 10.6 / Mac OS X 10.7 / Mac OS X 10.8 / Mac OS X 10.9 / Mac OS X 10.10||V5.00||Download|
|SCX-4500W Series Scan Driver for Mac OS X 10.3 / Mac OS X 10.4 / Mac OS X 10.5 / Mac OS X 10.6 / Mac OS X 10.7||V1.00||Download|
|SCX-4500W Series 3rd-party macOS app Pacifist||V4.0.5||Download|
|SCX-4500W Series Scan Driver for Mac OS X 10.4 / Mac OS X 10.5 / Mac OS X 10.6 / Mac OS X 10.7 / Mac OS X 10.8||V2.21||Download|
|SCX-4500W Series Print and Scan Driver for Mac OS X Mavericks / Mac OS X Mountain Lion / Mac OS X Lion / Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard||V2.6||Download|
|SCX-4500W Series Easy Wireless Setup||V1.4||Download|
|SCX-4500W Series Print Driver for Mac OS X 10.5.3 or later||V1.1||Download|
|SCX-4500W Series Manual Print and Scan Driver Mac OS X 10.15 (Catalina)||-||View|