The Tough Printer from Samsung ML-1865W
A lot of people print a lot of documents regularly. Even though it is just a text document, the printer's strength is still being tested. If you want to make sure that you have the right printer, you can simply get Samsung ML-1865W laser printer for that kind of tough printing duty.
|Samsung ML-1865W Laser Printer|
This printer from Samsung is a monochrome printer. That means you cannot print colors using this printer. Even though, this printer is very tough because in a month you can print up to 50,000 pages using this Samsung ML-1865W printer device without having to worry that the printing quality of the printer will be decreased.
See also: Samsung ML-1865W Driver for Windows
The Key Features
- Samsung Printer Language (SPL)
- Wireless and USB
- 8MB RAM
- 300Mhz Processor
- Up to 18ppm Mono Print
- 150 Sheet Input Tray
- 8.5 Seconds First page
- 1200 x 1200 dpi Print
Printer Cartridge for Samsung ML 1865W
- Toner for Samsung ML-1865W, Genuine Light User Black Samsung 1042X Toner Cartridge (MLT-D1042X/ELS Laser Toner Cartridge) 4.3p per page - 700 pages
- Compatible Standard Capacity Black Samsung 1042 Toner Cartridge for Samsung ML-1865W Toner (Replaces MLT-D1042S/ELS Laser Printer Cartridge) 1.3p per page - 1,500 pages
- Samsung ML 1865W Toner Cartridge, Genuine Standard Capacity Black Samsung 1042 Toner Cartridge (MLT-D1042S/ELS Laser Toner Cartridge) 2.9p per page - 1,500 pages
Samsung ML-1865W Toner Refill
- Black Toner Refill Single Pack by New Era Toner
- ReChargX Toner (No kit components included) (RXRAW-205)
- ReChargX Toner Refill Kit (RX205)
Operating System Compatibility
- macOS 13 Ventura
- macOS 12 Monterey
- macOS 11 Big Sur
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave (Liberty)
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra (Lobo)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra (Fuji)
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Zinfandel)
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Barolo)
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)
- Mac OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Chardonnay)
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)
- Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (Gala)
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Syrah)
- Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
- Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah
- Mac OS X 10 Kodiak (Beta)
- Mac OS 9
How to Install Driver without an Installation Disk?
This section will show you how to install Samsung ML-1865W printer driver on a computer running on Mac OS/ macOS properly in the absence of an installation disk.
- First off, make sure the printer is compatible with the version of the Mac OS/ macOS currently running on your device. You can find details about this in your printer’s manual.
- Get on the website of the printer’s manufacturer to discover supports for the model you own.
- Go to the printer section of the manufacturer’s website. If things get overly complicated for you, just type in the model of the Samsung printer you own.
- Locate the link provided on the page for you to download the software required by the Samsung ML-1865W printer you own.
- Click on the download link to begin the downloading process automatically.
- If necessary, determine the location on your computer to save the downloaded software later on. Wait while the download commences.
- Go to the download folder and double-click on the downloaded file.
- Look for the setup file (typically in DMG format) and double-click on the file to run it.
- Further instructions will be given onscreen. Make sure you follow all the given instructions.
- Connect the Samsung ML-1865W printer to your Apple computer. Use the USB cable to check if your Apple computer recognizes the printer. Alternatively, connect the two via Wi-Fi but make sure both your computer and the printer are connected to the internet properly.
- Your Samsung ML-1865W printer should be readily accessible by now.
Driver Uninstallation Method
- End all processes of Apple Samsung ML-1865W Printer Drivers by accessing Activity Monitor.
- Go to Launchpad, find Utilities, and open Activity Monitor. Select All Processes off the dropdown menu and select all processes related to Apple Samsung Printer Drivers. Click the Quit Process option and select Quick.
- Use the Trash to delete the application of Apple Samsung ML-1865W Printer Drivers.
- Go to Finder and delete everything associated with Apple Samsung Printer Drivers.
- Remove Apple Samsung Printer Drivers completely by emptying the Trash.
Uninstallation with MacRemover:
- Download the MacRemover app and drag its icon to the app folder to install it.
- Run the app and choose Apple Samsung ML-1865W Printer Drivers. Click Run Analysis.
- Locate the files of folders of Apple Samsung Printer Drivers. Select Complete Uninstall and select Yes.
How to Set up Wireless printing via USB for macOS?
- First, connect the USB cable to the USB port on the Samsung ML-1865W printer, and then connect the other end to the Mac computer.
- After connections are completed, open wireless setup by running Wireless Setting application.
- The installation screen shows the main Samsung Easy Wireless Setup page. Then Click Next, to starting the setup.
- Select the wireless method to setup. For initial setup with Samsung ML-1865W printer not connected to the network, select 'Using a USB cable option', and click Next to continue.
- Temporarily connect the Samsung ML-1865W printer to your Mac/ Apple computer if you haven't done so already, and then click Next.
- The Installation Wizard searches for any connected devices and retrieves the wireless information.
- A list of wireless networks that the Samsung ML-1865W printer can see appears. Select your network, then click Next (Wireless Network Security Dialog appears).
- Type the Security Key (WPA/ WPA2/ WEP) in the network password: field and click Next.
- Wait for the printer to connect to the network.
- Wi-Fi Direct information appears. If you would like Wi-Fi Direct turned ON to make sure the checkbox is selected, type down the password. Once selected, click Next to continue.
- A prompt displays stating that connection is complete. Click Next or Finish to continue.
- The setup is complete. Go to the Print and Scan in System Preferences to see your Samsung ML-1865W printer.
Also need: Samsung ML-6515ND Driver for Mac
How to Install Printer Driver for macOS 10.15 (Catalina)?
- Click here to download the latest driver available for Samsung ML-1865W printer
- Make sure to select the correct Mac OS version (10.11/ 10.12/ 10.13/ 10.14) for Mac O.S 10.15. You can select Mac OS 10.14 or 10.11 or 10.13 or later
- Download the driver of Samsung ML-1865W printer
- After that, open the folder were located of the download file and Click to open the driver file
- If you get the following error message when running it, the gatekeeper needs to be temporally disabled.
- You need to open terminal from spotlight
- Type the command: sudo spctl --master-disable
- Enter the correct password and run the printer driver with extension".pkg" again.
- Once the print driver has been installed, just open the Samsung ML-1865W Driver with the following
folder path and then install the following PKG drivers (ICDM, ScanThru):
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_ICDM > ICDM.pkg
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_TWAIN > ScanThru.pkg
- After the drivers are installed, you can go to System preferences > Printers & scanners and add the printer clicking on the plus (+) button > Add printer or scanner > Samsung ML-1865W
- Make sure to select the specific driver and not AirPrint where it says "USE"
- Now, that the Samsung ML-1865W printer has been added, you should be able to print or scan. If you want to scan, go to system preferences > printers and scanners > and select scan
- Enable gatekeeper (Mac security):
- Open terminal from the spotlight
- Typing the command: sudo spctl --master-enable
- Enter your password
How to Install Samsung ML 1865W Driver for macOS 11 Big Sur?
- Install macOS 10.15 Catalina again
- Install the printer
- Then update to macOS 11 Big Sur
- Kept the Samsung ML-1865W driver installed and still works in macOS 11 Big Sur
How to Install Samsung ML-1865W Driver for macOS 12 Monterey?
- Make sure your Samsung ML-1865W driver is currently on macOS 11 (Big Sur)
- Connect your printer machine to Macbook
- Then update the driver to macOS 12 Monterey
- Kept the Samsung ML-1865W driver installed and still works in macOS 12 Monterey
If the steps above don't work, try another way below:
- Download the ".dmg" file in the table below (Samsung Printer Drivers 2.6 version/ V2.6)
- Download the 3rd-party macOS app called Pacifist by CharlesSoft in the table below (Pacifist 4.0.5)
- Open the .dmg such that it mounts in Finder
- Open Pacifist
- Select Open Package
- Locate the file inside the mounted ".dmg"
- Select Install in the top toolbar of Pacifist, and provide your admin credentials when prompted
- Add your Samsung ML-1865W printer from System Preferences > Print and Scan > + successfully!
Also, update: Samsung Xpress M2880FW Driver for Mac
How to Install Samsung ML-1865W Driver for macOS 13 Ventura?
Please try this method below after you did the above steps!
- Make sure your Samsung ML-1865W driver is currently on macOS 12 (Monterey)
- Connect your printer machine to your own Macbook
- Then update the driver to macOS 13 Ventura
- Kept the Samsung ML-1865W driver installed, and the printer works correctly on macOS 13 (Ventura)
If you want to download Samsung ML-1865W driver for Mac OS/ macOS, you must click on the "Download" links that we have provided in the table below. If you find any broken link or some problem with this printer, please contact our team by using the contact form that we have provided.
|ML-1865W Series Print Driver for Mac OS X Mavericks / Mac OS X Mountain Lion / Mac OS X Lion / Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard||V2.6||Download|
|ML-1865W Series 3rd-party macOS app Pacifist||V4.0.5||Download|
|ML-1865W Series Print Driver for Mac OS X 10.4 / Mac OS X 10.5 / Mac OS X 10.6 / Mac OS X 10.7 / Mac OS X 10.8 / Mac OS X 10.9||V5.00||Download|
|ML-1865W Series Print Driver for Mac OS X 10.4 / Mac OS X 10.5 / Mac OS X 10.6 / Mac OS X 10.7 / Mac OS X 10.8 / Mac OS X 10.9 / Mac OS X 10.10||V5.00||Download|
|ML-1865W Series Easy Printer Manager for Mac OS X 10.5 / Mac OS X 10.6 / Mac OS X 10.7 / Mac OS X 10.8 / Mac OS X 10.9 / Mac OS X 10.10 / Mac OS X 10.11 / Mac OS X 10.12 / macOS 10.13||V1.02||Download|
|ML-1865W Series Easy Wireless Setup for Mac OS X 10.5 / Mac OS X 10.6 / Mac OS X 10.7 / Mac OS X 10.8 / Mac OS X 10.9 / Mac OS X 10.10 / Mac OS X 10.11 / Mac OS X 10.12 / macOS 10.13 / macOS 10.14||V1.4||Download|
|ML-1865W Series Set IP for Mac OS X 10.6 / Mac OS X 10.7 / Mac OS X 10.8 / Mac OS X 10.9 / Mac OS X 10.10 / Mac OS X 10.11 / Mac OS X 10.12 / macOS 10.13||V1.00||Download|
|ML-1865W Series Manual Print and Scan Driver Mac OS X 10.15 (Catalina)||-||View|